Made with astrophotography in mind, Meade 14″ LX600 ACF Telescope is an ideal choice for serious astronomers. This simple-to-operate, portable fork-mounted telescope makes taking great astrophotos as easy as focusing your camera and opening the shutter. The Meade LX600 14inch ACF Telescope builds on two standard-setting lines, with the venerable and standard-setting performance of the LX200, combined with the f/8 ACF optical system from the LX800 series, including the patent-pending internal Craford-style zero shift focuser. Add the Meade StarLock system full time automatic auto-guiding, ultra-high precision pointing, and LightSwitch style automatic alignments, and you have top-of-the-line portable telescope that will keep you locked on target whether you’re viewing or photographing. The Meade LX600 14″ Telescope offers a complete astrophotographic package, ready for field portable equatorial alignment, full time guiding, and imaging at f/8.
The Meade LX600 ACF 14 Telescope is a sophisticated instrument for the advanced astronomer, with a range of integrated features and technology that cannot be matched by any other manufacturer and cannot be duplicated by just attaching a set of add-ons to another telescope. Major features included with the Meade 14″ LX600-ACF Astrophotography Telescope include:
- Fast f/8 Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical systems. Meade has completely redesigned the OTAs with a new mirror mounting and focusing system to achieve zero image-shift and a two-speed microfocuser. The scope features faster f/8 ACF optics giving you pinpoint stars all the way across the field of view.
- StarLock. The Meade 14″ LX600-ACF Telescope integrates a unique star tracking and object finding system into the telescope mount. This integration allows the telescope to center your target perfectly in the field of view. Once centered, the star tracking system communicates directly with the motor drives to automatically assure your scope stays locked onto its target with arcsecond precision. The automated optical tracking system delivers long-exposure guiding with pinpoint stars on astro-images despite misalignments, atmospheric refraction, periodic or other mechanical errors. This level of precision is unobtainable with systems using high precision encoders, software pointing models, large gears or PEC training – and all without the need of an external computer.
- Internal Crayford-style 7:1 Focuser. The completely redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero-image shift, eliminating the need for a mirror lock and integrates a two-speed microfocuser for quick and easy adjustments.
- Solid Fork Mount With Heavy Duty 5.75″ Gears. Large, high-quality worm-gear drives in both axes provide smooth movements with low periodic error that are critical for long exposure astrophotography. Providing the freedom to go horizon to horizon without any meridian flip, unlike German Equatorial Mounts.
- Alt/Az Mode. In alt/az mode, the Meade 14″ LX600 also makes for the best visual and short exposure experience possible. The LX600 performs LightSwitch fully-automated self alignment. StarLock will put every target dead center in the eyepiece and track with arcsecond accuracy so you can concentrate on the beautiful, wide fields of pinpoint stars created by the superb f/8 ACF optical system.
- AutoStar II hand control with over 144,000 object database to take you to almost any object imaginable at the push of the GoTo button. AutoStar II allows the user to setup and operate the LX600 in just the way you want.
- Giant Field Tripod. With 3″ diameter chromed steel legs and cast aluminum tripod head – adjustable from 34″ to 54″ – the Giant Field Tripod provides a research-grade foundation for the Meade LX600 14in. Telescope.
The Meade 14″ LX600 Telescope has 14″ diameter f/8 ACF optics (focal length 2032mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero image shift eliminating the need for a mirror lock and includes an internal Crayford style focuser with two speed, 7:1 reduction control that allows for quick and easy adjustments.
The no-compromise Meade LX600 dual fork mount features 5.75″ main gear and pointing accuracy of one arcminute or better in High Precision Mode. This rock solid platform is sure to exceed the need for the most demanding applications. The fully height adjustable Meade Giant Field Tripod features massive 3″ diameter legs, making it a research grade foundation for the Meade LX600 14″ Astrophotography Telescope.
California`s Proposition 65
Specifications for Meade 14″ LX600 ACF Telescope with StarLock:
||Advanced Coma Free (ACF)
||Heavy-duty fork type; double-tine
||Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
|Resolving Power (Dawes Limit):
||8x50mm with cross-hair reticle
||26mm Series 4000 Super Plossl
||1.25″ diagonal prism
|Optimal back focus distance at f/5:
||Internal Crayford-style, zero image-shift primary mirror focus with dual speed 7
|Slow Motion Controls:
||Mechanical & electronic
||RA and Dec
||Sidereal, lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates
||12v DC in, 12v DC out, Power, Focuser, Reticle, Handbox port, 1 computer connection port (RS232), 1 StarLock port, 1 Aux guide port
||Giant Field Tripod
||8 x C cells
|Battery Life (Typical):
|True Level & North Sensors (LNT):
|Oversized Primary Mirror:
|AutoStar Suite Planetarium Software:
|Wide Field Camera:
||25mm x 26mm f/1.04 optic with 1/2 inch format CMOS sensor gives field of 14.72 x 11.78 degrees.
|Narrow Field Camera:
||80mm x 400mm f/5 optic with 1/2 inch format Cmos sensor gives field
||of 57.2 x 45.8 arcminutes (2.68 arcseconds/pixel)
|High Precision Pointing:
||+/- 1 arcminute
|High Precision Guiding:
||Down to 1 arcsecond – depending on sky conditions.
|High Precision Alignment:
||Semi-automatic drift align procedure for ulta-precise polar alignment
||6 lbs. (2.72 kg)
||Low expansion borrosilicate glass
||Individually figured with primary mirror for maximum correction. Low-expansion borosilicate glass
||Aspheric high-spectral transmission Borofloat glass from Schott AG Germany
|OTA and Mount net weight:
||40″ to 50″ variable
|Telescope Shipping Weight (approx.):
Features of Meade LX600 f/8 Advanced Coma-Free 14-Inch Telescope:
- UHTC coatings
- StarLock dual imager integrated full-time autoguider
- LightSwitch Automatic Alignment in Alt-Az mode
- Ultra Precision Pointing and Assisted Drift Alignment
- GPS Receiver
- Oversized Low-Expansion Borosilicate Primary Mirror
- Schott Borofloat Glass Corrector Plate
- Diffraction Limited Optics
- Internal Crayford-style Focusing system with 7:1 focus control
- OTA Tube Balance Weight System
- AutoStar II handbox with 144,000 object library and AutoStar Suite software
- Smart Drive with Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC)
- Patented Level North Technology (LNT) Alignment System
- 8×50 Finder scope
- Meade LX600 14in Advanced Coma-Free Telescope f/8 w/ StarLock Finder