The Celestron EdgeHD 1100 11″ Optical Tube Assembly 91050-XLT is available for use with your favorite mount. This 11 inch Optical Tube Assembly (OTA) is made to the same exacting standards as those used on all high quality Celestron Telescopes. All optical surfaces are coated with Celestron ‘s high efficiency StarBright multi-layered coating group. The OTA is equipped with the same dovetail mounting bar used on the CGE and Advanced Series for easy attachment to a variety of popular mounts. Every tube assembly is made, assembled and quality control tested at the Celestron manufacturing facility in Torrance, California.
These Edge HD 11-inch Optical Tube Assemblies feature an optical system that takes all of the compact power popularized by the Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope (SCT) and combines it with an improved High Definition Optical System for wide field, astrograph quality images. As a visual instrument, EdgeHD optics deliver pinpoint images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and see hundreds of other equally interesting NGC, IC and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astroimaging, the EdgeHD optics produce aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All EdgeHD optics on the telescope are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial ccd detectors, allowing all stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip. The EdgeHD 11″ optics produces a focal plane 3 times flatter than the standard equivalent SCT telescope with diffraction limited stars across the entire Nikon 300 or Canon 40D sensor!
In addition to Celestron ‘s new optimized optical design, the EdgeHD 11in OTA has been redesigned to make sure you get the most from your optics each and every night. Among them include:
- Mirror Support – Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when rotating the tube around the mount. The flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or chip).
- Tube Vents – Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 60 micron micro-mesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Fastar Versatility -The EdgeHD are the most versatile imaging scopes available today. At its native f10 you can achieve the image scale necessary to capture the smallest of deep sky objects. With the optional reducer lens (coming soon) you can increase your field of view without sacrificing optical performance. A barlow gives you the added power for high resolution planetary, lunar and solar imaging. And of course all EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar compatible for ultra fast f/2 wide field imaging. Each tube has been fitted with a removable secondary mirror and are opto-mechanically aligned on a laser bench to ensure they are axially symmetric in any configuration.
- Easy Collimation – With precision machined mechanics and a spherical secondary mirror, EdgeHD optics can be collimated accurately and easily to guarantee that they perform to their potential every time you use them.
California`s Proposition 65
Specifications for Celestron EdgeHD 1100 11″ Optical Tube Assembly 91050-XLT OTA Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope:
Features of Celestron EdgeHD 1100 11″ Optical Tube Assembly 91050 XLT:
- 11″ EdgeHD Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2800mm focal length (f/10)
- 23mm Axiom 2″ eyepiece included (122x)
- 9×50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- 2″ diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging
- Tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- Fastar Compatible optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 ccd imaging
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with CGE mount
- Celestron EdgeHD 1100 11″ Optical Tube Assembly 91050-XLT
- 23 mm eyepiece (122x)
- 9×50 finderscope
- dovetail rail